11.04.2015

Sangolden Gilbert


Sangolden GIlbert 299928
 FLCI; PO Box 200; Fox Lake, WI 53933

Sangolden was convicted of robbery and burglary at age 21, 17 years ago. He was given a 40 year sentence even though the main perpetrators got lesser sentences and none was hurt, no shots were fired. He has served 17 of the 40 years, has been eligible for parole for 7 years , has an impressive list of accomplishments, a fiance' and full family support. Why is this man still on prison?






DOC Docs- click to view larger

Sangolden was convicted of robbery and burglary at age 21, 17 years ago. He was given a 40 year sentence even though the main perpetrators got lesser sentences and none was hurt, no shots were fired.






   “ This is the Elexis and Sangolden Gilbert Story:


      I had met SanGolden in jail, he contacted me threw mail from a mutual friend.  Its was November 8th 2008, I received a letter from a person incarcerated, I'd never met but I decided to open the letter anyway.  He sent a photo & let me know how he got my info., at first it was like oh boy this is some BS!!!!!!  Then I thought it out & then continue to read.  The more I read the more I became more interested.  My son was just a baby & me & my ex was going threw it at this particular time.  So at the same time I needed the same he needed from me.  Some one 2 just listen & for us to be the opposite sex was great.  Because I needed a man's point of view & we didn't even know each other so judging wouldn't of been an option.  I wrote him back that same night, in deep thought.     
     Now this is something I never done before & never had intensions on ever doing, having a pen pal in jail.  Now when he wrote me, he needed what I needed & that was just an ear 2 listen.  No relations at "ALL" friendship thats it & thats "ALL."  Our writing became more frequent from 1 letter a week to 2 to 3 letters a week.  Still, I'm there with the intensions on just being friends, no phone time still @ this time.  We wrote each other for about a month or so & finally I decided to put money on the phone for him 2 call.  We still at this friendship line & at this time its been maybe 3-4 months maybe.  I really gave him a hard time in the beginning but he wasn't giving up.  I still felt that this is all jail talk, I have seen the worst of the worst when people meet in jail threw others.  And I always said that will "NEVER BE ME!"  So 6 months or so, he came on with it after visiting him on his bday.  And we clear in the summer or maybe spring around the time, he was asking me how I feel & being me I'm fine on what we doing.  He let it roll off & on to the next, finally I gave in.  We dated a few years & we broke off for about a year.  I started dating & so was he.  About 8 months into our break-up, I received a Mother's Day card & I didn't respond nevermind you, I never forgot about him & thought about him from time to time on how was he doing.  And my baby would ask about his Daddy Goldie???  So for me that, was pretty odd.  
     So that Thankgiving the same year, I sent him a holiday card & the rest is history we been back strong as ever a few years in counting.  What I learned from this journey when something is real & belong to you.  It doesn't take much of anything like pulling teeth, stressing, being worried, & judging a book by its cover.  Who would of thought GOD had my husband all the time making him ready for me & he been in jail for 15 years.  Love is what a person make it, if its fake well guess what that’s exactly what its gonna become FAKE!  But real love you can't fake it, its real & yeah you better believe sometimes its like pulling teeth its not an easy task.  It takes alot of hard & loyal work.  We worked hard from where we was at til this very day.  We getting married very soon, so we can live right under the eyes of the LORD.  And if he get out sooner than later GOD will bless us with our LOVE CHILD.  We are much closer”




No comments: