6.01.2015

Marlon Powell needs to care for his mother

Marlon Powell, Incarcerate 19 years so far for armed robbery. All he wants is to be home caring for his mother, who has Alzheimer's.

Needs to be home to care for his mother, who is suffering from Alzheimers
Marlon Powell And His Mother

Mr Marlon Powell 179852
45 years of age
Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution
26 years old when arrest for 1996 robbery
2 counts armed robbery
I have taken AODA In Texas, Oklahoma, Oshkosh and am now enrolled here at KMCI. I have certificates in Woodworking, Cabinetmaking, Masonry, Commercial Cleaning, Culinary arts, Small business administration and Business administration ( 2 degrees)
Parts of Marlon's letter to Parole chairman:
Dear Parole Chairman,
I come to you today to try to shed a little light on my situation.
I have committed crimes and I am paying for my bad choices and closed thinking, My concern is my mother, She has Alzheimer’s disease.  As did her mother and her mother’s mothers. Both whom have passed away form it. Since she was diagnosed in 2010 with it the disease has progressed steadily. I am my mother’s only child.  ….All I ask is that I be given the opportunity to care for my mother as she has done for me. I need to be there so I can show her that I am the son she always knew me to be I Don’t know how much time I will have with my mother…
My Last defer was an 11 month with instructions to complete ADOA. ..I am scheduled  to see the parole board 4 30 2016 at which time I will have 2 years left ( before  Mandatory release- MR) Please let me spend that time home with my mother, doing what a son is supported to do for his aging mother. Thank you for taking time to hear me today.

read full text of letter to parole chairman.

Marlon Powell with cousin and her kids
Marlon Powell , incarcerated so far for 19 years for armed robbery

No comments: